We're SDKFM!

Tuesday, October 9, 2012


And when people look at us at a first glance, they wonder "What the hell are those people doing...?"
It's not until a few seconds later, when the play button is pressed, people start having a general idea of who we are.

All of us have a hobby, whether it's sports, gaming, arts, etc. Whatever the reason is, we enjoy it, don't we? All of us like a certain genre of music, right? Whether it's R&B, rap, hip-hop, pop, or anything else, we can't help but listen to it all day.

As for me, my personal hobby is to dance; I love dancing do music.

I love dancing to Asian-Pop, specifically K-pop (Korean pop).

The San Diego K-Pop Flashmob (SDKFM) is a group where people who love K-pop can come together and dance out in public after learning a mix for the season. The group always welcomes new members; after all, the more who love K-pop, the more we'll be able to spread the love of Korean pop culture in a fun manner.

I joined the group a week before college started, invited by a friend at a dance meet up. Just days before my first day attendance at the practice session, I was already thinking about wanting to join a flashmob thanks to this video:

My wish came true just a week later-- I was overly ecstatic to become part of something fun! Ever since I joined, I practiced every Saturday with the rest of the group from 2-7 p.m. for a six minute mix. 

On October 6th, our flashmob went public out at Balboa Park. 

I was incredibly nervous right before! My heart was pounding and I was really worried that I might forgot the dances, even though I practiced everyday. I just get nervous too easily.

However, the moment I joined in the mob, I was at ease. What I thought was going to happen was the opposite; my mind was set to just dance and have fun, and the feeling of nervousness went away. I was having fun and just doing my part. Finally, our hard work has been paid off. However, this isn't the end: we still have more to do! At least for this season, we're planning to perform a few more times before we take a break.

Overall, I'm very proud to be part of this community, and I really do look forward to continue dancing alongside everyone. Fighting! SDKFM!

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea it was a group, I really thought you guys were all just together having a like get together day. I was going around balboa that day looking like purple Cinderella with black hair,walking places for my debut photo shoot and I spot you the moment I saw the entire crowd. Wow I was amaze! You're really good and I honestly hope you'd show us one day! I was completely entertained when you guys when on and did Gangnam style and it honestly made my day. My sister is a major K-POP fan, maybe she'd be interested in this too :). Keep up with the practices and such, maybe one day I might run into one of your flash mob performances ! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! We always try to make it look like that to deceive people xD
      I was definitely surprised after knowing it was you XD Watching us do Gangnam Style out of all things, I feel kind of embarrassed, haha!
      Do let me know if she does want to join, after all, the more the better! :D And thanks so much! c:

      Delete

 
More Like "A Musing" © 2012 | Designed by Bubble Shooter, in collaboration with Reseller Hosting , Forum Jual Beli and Business Solutions